Preventive maintenance and maintenance programs are important for spare domestic diesel generator sets. Whether it is a small diesel generator set or 30KW or 50KW to several hundred kilowatts, maintenance is required. Therefore, Wagner technicians should carefully formulate repair and maintenance programs. The maintenance cycle is divided into day, week, month, half year and year.
I. Daily maintenance of domestic diesel generating sets
1. Inspect the fuel, cooling, and lubrication systems for leaks.
2. Check the engine coolant heater (if installed). If the temperature is too low, the heater may not work.
3. Check whether the switching mechanism is in the automatic position.
Weekly maintenance of domestic diesel generators
Check the engine oil level and cooling level.
Check the battery charging system.
3. Monthly maintenance of domestic diesel generating sets
1. Check the air filter resistance.
2. Start the generator set and run it for more than 30 minutes (the load must not be less than half of the rated value). Check the unit for abnormal vibration, smoke and noise or leakage of coolant and fuel during operation. Regular trial operation can lubricate engine components, improve starting reliability, prevent oxidation of circuit connections and fuel deterioration.
3. Check the radiator for leaks or loose connections.
4. Check fuel level and fuel pump condition.
5. Check the exhaust system for leaks or excessive resistance; drain condensate.
6. Check the battery cable connection; the battery fluid should be charged when the specific gravity is lower than 1.260.
7. Check the ventilation resistance of the generator inlet and exhaust vents; check whether the maintenance tools are ready.
Fourth, half-year maintenance of domestic diesel generators
1. Check engine lubricating oil flow and branch filters.
2. Replace the filter of the cooling system circuit.
3. Clean or replace the crankcase breather.
4. Replace the fuel filter, remove the fuel tank deposits; check the oil hose for scratches or abrasions; check the governor mechanism.
6. Verify the starting performance and rated load capacity of the unit, check the automatic transfer switch, related switch mechanisms and control parts, and other components in the backup power system
V. Annual maintenance of domestic diesel generators
1. Check radiator fan impeller, belt and water pump.
2. Replace the daily fuel tank respirator.
3. Replace the exhaust pipe and turbocharger bolts.
4. Tighten the unit fixings.
5. Clean generator power output box and control screen, check and fasten all line connectors, measure and record generator set insulation, check generator heaters and bearings.
6. Manually check and operate the main circuit breaker of the generator (if installed), and verify the automatic trip mechanism according to the manufacturer's instructions.
7. For frequent no-load or light-load test operation, start at least 3 hours (not less than 1 hour under rated load).
8. The insulation status of the generator should be tested frequently, and the insulation test at the beginning should be done before the last load, and this should be used as the benchmark for annual testing. These tests are indispensable for medium voltage generator sets.